Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Morning Painting Exercise [Two]

It was my second morning doing painting exercises. See the last blog post Soul Exercises for more information on my positive motivation. 

This morning I awoke at 5:50am. It was tough; I did it anyhow. By the time I got set up, I only had about a half hour to paint, because I had also scheduled a session at the gym to work out. Even so, that half hour was truly enjoyable and eased me into my day and my work out. 

This morning for my exercise parameter, I used only one paintbrush and one color (at first). The initial color that I reached for was yellow. After getting warmed up, I introduced the lilac tone, mixing a violet-based blue with white. I then incorporated more white and magenta tones into the mix, and finally ended up including the bright green that is visible throughout the painting.


Day two on the canvas


Even though I only had half an hour to paint, it was worth waking up for. I also came to a good stopping point for the day, and I look forward to adding to the canvas tomorrow and seeing what my dream hangover brings to the canvas.


My palette and paints

No comments: