Monday, January 19, 2015

Noise [Black Deco Color Paint Marker on Clayboard]

I spent yesterday browsing photography exhibitions at Photo LA in Downtown Los Angeles.

It was an exceptional show, and I saw some truly breathtaking black and white photography.

The black and white element of yesterday must have stuck with me. As I was winding down last night, I grabbed the nearest clayboard and started doodling. Here is the end result of my exercise: "Noise".




I find that it is very helpful to keep art supplies within an arms reach because with an hour of free time, it becomes accessible and easy to create something.

I particularly like having clayboard and paint pens around; they allow me to doodle or draw something that will appear much more finished than something in a sketch book (at least I think so).

Happy Monday.


No comments: