Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Study for Tropical Dreams and Strawberries



This work entitled "Study for Tropical Dreams and Strawberries" was inspired by the amazing work of Lynn Von Kersting--designer and owner of The Ivy Restaurants and Indigo Seas

After looking through her most recent book, I sketched in the first layer of this composition using colored pencils. I moved loosely and quickly. Next, I incorporated Deco Color paint pens into the frame, keeping my energy free and unconfined. I wanted the essence of the work to be energizing yet relaxing, just as I perceive tropical environments to be. 

Strawberries are one of my favorite delights in this world, so any time that I get a chance to include them in my artwork, I am happy. 

I am loving the vibes of summer. 

Cake and joy for all!



No comments: